|Snow, powder, 12"+, buyer must pick up|
|Sports :Sporting Goods:Skiing|
|Starts at||$1.00||First bid||$1.00|
|Quantity||1||# of bids||0 (bid history) (with emails)|
|Time left||Auction has ended.||Location||Durham, North Carolina (NOT Dakota)|
|Started||Jan-25-00 08:18:24 PST||(mail this auction to a friend)|
|Ends||Jan-28-00 07:41:44 PST||(request a gift alert)|
|Seller (Rating)||jeff.brandenburg (86)|
|(view comments in seller's Feedback Profile) (view seller's other auctions) (ask seller a question)|
|Payment||Money Order/Cashiers Checks|
|Shipping||Will ship to United States only, See item description for shipping charges|
|Relist item||Seller: Didn't sell your item the first time? eBay will refund your relisting fee if it sells the second time around. Relist this item.|
|Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item. You should contact the seller to resolve any questions before bidding. Auction currency is U.S. dollars ($) unless otherwise noted.|
So far, we've got over a foot, and it's still coming down. We really don't need more than a few inches here, so we're making the rest available to the highest bidder.
Due to the perishable nature of snow, and because not even 4WD vehicles are having much luck on our local roads, the winning bidder must make arrangements for pickup. This snow doesn't pack very well, so you'll have to make your own packing arrangements as well.
Note that I'm only offering the excess snow from our own property. If you need it, I may be able to arrange for you to get more.
I'll accept cash or money order for payment. If you clear a path from Interstate 40 to my house, I'll discount your winning bid, charging only an amount equivalent to the eBay fee for the closing bid.
Take our snow, please...
On 01/26/00 at 18:42:45 PST, seller added the following information:
In response to some of your questions:
- Sure, we'll be happy to throw in a hot meal if you come to pick up the snow. Our selection is getting a little thin, though, so it may come from a can.
- Yes, we're considering taking up a winter sport. Specifically, we're considering starting a pool on how many days it'll be before our street gets plowed.
- No, we can't ship, especially not to Arizona. We'd have to send it FedEx or UPS overnight, packed on dry ice, and we can't get the dry ice supplier. Or, for that matter, the FedEx box.
- I have no idea what Canadian customs would say if I tried to ship this across the border. If anyone would care to ask them and let me know the answer, I'll post it here.
Thanks for all the email! Remember, folks, this is a three-day auction -- don't miss out!
For those of you still sitting on the fence, here are some more pictures:
A wide view showing our selection.*
A closer view showing the quality of our product.*
A view reflecting our perspective on the snow.* (mmph! mmph!)
Only the finest snow lets you take full advantage of backlighting.*
* House, trees, fire plug, lights and shrubbery not included. Offer void where prohibited by Canadian customs.
On 01/27/00 at 19:26:39 PST, seller added the following information:
It appears that outgoing mail from my ISP isn't getting out, so here are answers to some of the latest round of questions:
- I've been taking the pictures with a Casio QV-2000UX digital camera. I'm very happy with it.
- Yes, we'll consider a trade for older, dirtier snow -- as long as we get to tell you where to put the dirty snow.
- We'll be more than happy to barter boxes of snow for boxes of warm Florida sunshine -- mainly because I'm eager to see how you package the sunshine! (Okay, oranges are nice...)
- Thanks for the offer of airlifted supplies from Michigan! I don't think we'll need it, though -- the four-wheelers are starting to make their way in and out. Still no mail delivery, though.
- How much of the snow is "excess"? Well, at this point I'm willing to say all of it is excess. Especially since we're expecting another delivery on Sunday... AAAAAUUUUUGGGHHH!!!
- Performance of our snow is not guaranteed in Los Angeles.
- We're not prepared to ship to Copenhagen at this time, but we're sorry to hear of your disappointing winter.
- I wasn't going to go into this, but since we've had so many questions about it: All the snow we're offering is white. You don't have to worry about unwanted colors of any sort.
Two last pictures:
We've been told any number of times not to leave our cars parked on the shoulder of the road, since they'll interfere with the (still largely hypothetical) snow plows. This fine citizen carefully followed this advice by parking in the middle of the road.
One last shot of the road out from our house.
Thanks for all the mail, everyone!
On 01/28/00 at 07:33:48 PST, seller added the following information:
Due to some uncertainties about our homeowners' association regulations, I'm afraid I have to withdraw this auction. However, I'm happy to announce that I (and many of my neighbors) will make this snow available free of charge to anyone who'd like to come and collect it -- first come, first served!
Stay tuned for more news and photos, including local media coverage of the Snow Clearance! (Yeesh...)
Bidding is closed for this item.
Copyright © 1995-2000 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement